happy halloween

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
from the Ghost of Halloween Pabst

1294326_10202427616675454_376708790_o.jpg

We had trick or treat on Thursday evening. I sat on the porch with a big bowl of candy bars. Remembering what I always liked getting, that's all I ever give out. I guess this year, I wanted to spend time with the little ones. Funny how when your kids finally grow up, you start to miss "the babies". But it does give me some ways to make up for spending too much time working & sleeping, etc when they were younger....you know we'll have a good time then...

I was all excited for this year. I work swing shift, 330-midnight, so I took the day off so I could spend it with my 2 year old (and my wife, but mostly it was about him)
We waited probably 45 minutes in the costume store buying his Mickey Mouse costume, with all the other last minute shoppers.
He ended up throwing the biggest fit he has ever thrown to date and we didnt go to a single house trick or treating. And I didnt get even 1 picture of him in his get-up. Now it's sunday night and I feel like i have wasted this entire weekend, but I remember, I got to spend the "holiday" with my son and, in the end, that is really all that matters to me. Plus there are years to come.

Wife bought 1 bag of small candy bars. We live on the edge of town and don't get many kids stopping by.

I worked sound for the community play and I saw some kids on the drive over there and that was it.

My kid was recovering from an infection so she did not go out or do anything. I barely knew it was halloween.

we had 2 kids stop by

the BigHair had bought a big-a$$ bag of crappy candy (DOTS & Tootsie Rolls plus Tootsie Roll Fruit bars) for the T-or-Ters and a smaller bag of good candy (Hershey bars, Kit Kats & PB Cups) for us.

the crappy candy will get tossed eventually and we're not gonna even bother buying next year. just keep the porch light off.

Back