Hank Aaron

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then let us all raise a pint to remember a this great man.

I have named a few brew's after a few of my favorite players in the past--"Cal's Kolsch" and 'Dumb as Nails pale ale' (after Lenny Dykstra)-- but I never was able to decide what was the best style to dedicate to 'Hanks Hammer'. That and the pressure of making a beer that was worthy enough to carry his name.

So, to Mr Henry Aaron: May none of us ever have to face half of the adversity and hate that he endured, but when we are faced with our trails and tribulations of life, may we carry ourselves with a 1/4 of the poise and humility that this man did.

Sounds like an brew is in order.
How about "Legit 755" no PED's used lol.

@Brew_Dude41 . I like Hanks Hammer . Sounds cool .

Something strong but smooth .

Also Dykstra happend to be locked up at the prison i work at . I almost spit out my coffee when I read Dumb as Nails 😆

The Hammer - RIP
AaronHenry1.jpg

Anyone else think that all of MLB should wear 44 patches this season?
He's not a Jackie Robinson to retire the number, but he was huge for all of baseball for a long time.

There were two. Hammerin' Hank Aaron in baseball in the US and Henry Cooper in Heavyweight Boxing and well known in his home UK. Mark Knopfler memorialized Cooper in his 'Song For Sonny Liston,' when he wrote "he had a left like Henry's hammer." Some Brits called that left hook Enery's Ammer. :)

Last edited:
Back