Handy Acronyms...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be PC, may I offer some job saving defs?
WTF - What's the FIX?
RTFM - Read the FINE Manual.
FRACK - JUST WHAT I SAID! NOW FRACK OFF.

Just to be PC, may I offer some job saving defs?
WTF - What's the FIX?
RTFM - Read the FINE Manual.
FRACK - JUST WHAT I SAID! NOW FRACK OFF.

those are some of my favorites....FRACK I picked up from Battlestar Galactica

Thank you all for this thread, when reading some of the other threads,I was thinking WTFAYATA. (What The F* Are You All Talking About?):tank::D

I always heard
Loose
Nut
Behind the
Keyboard

This is obviously a new take on an ooold one long before Keyboards were attached to computers:

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel (of a car that has a "problem").

The OSG's (out side Guys/Guyettes) used to wear a sticker on their hard hats:
IHTFP
When the Bosses (ISG's) asked: I Have Truly Found Paradise
For the rest: I Hate This F#@king Place

I think I read this whole thread, but may have missed this one. If so, sorry...
My favorite acronym, which I use at least weekly (if only in my own mind), is FWIF. (pronounced as it looks)

F*** With It Factor.

Meaning, at what point is it preferable to pay to have someone else do a task, than it is to f*** with it yourself? The older I get, the more things fall within my FWIF.

I think I read this whole thread, but may have missed this one. If so, sorry...
My favorite acronym, which I use at least weekly (if only in my own mind), is FWIF. (pronounced as it looks)

F*** With It Factor.

Meaning, at what point is it preferable to pay to have someone else do a task, than it is to f*** with it yourself? The older I get, the more things fall within my FWIF.

I am all over this one.

TL

I am all over this one.

TL
A little off topic, but here's how the FWIF works:
SWMBO wants to brew beer. For economy, as well as taste.
I can usually buy her favorite ale for $5.59/6pk
After I get geared up to brew (6 week process at least), I can brew a good English Ale for $5.00/6pk. Is all that worth the FWIF? Hummm.....

Great thread for a re-n00b (I brewed A LOT 16 years ago, getting back into it now) like me.

I just read the whole thread thoroughly and did not see this one I found in a tech manual once. The context was something like, "We apologize, there are a lot of TLAs in the next section."

Any guesses?

TLA = Three Letter Acronym

What I love most about it is that it is self-defining.

While I'm at it I will add one that me and my buddies made up, "GFADH"... Go Find A Dead Horse.

A couple of oldies but goodies;

DILLIGAF - Does it look like I give a f___?

AMIIGAF - Ask me if I give a f____.

ADIDAS - All day I dream about sex.

Hope theses are enjoyable.

At times, home brewing makes you look like you are Busier Than A One-legged Cat Trying To Bury A Turd On A Frozen Lake.

Acronym pronunciation: Bee Taco, Bat Awful. (which is funny as hell by itself if you think about eating a taco filled with bees and trying to swing-away at all those awful bats...at the same time.)

Then of course there's:

FFLF

Female Fun Limitation Factor

That's when she says, "Come on, it's time to go!"

SWMBO goes back a lot further than the greenboard. Rumpole of the Bailey uses the term for his wife. First produced in 1975. Somethings never change!

It goes back even farther than that. It's a quote from the book "She" by H. Rider Haggard published around 1890.

The story is a first-person narrative that follows the journey of Horace Holly and his ward Leo Vincey to a lost kingdom in the African interior. There, they encounter a primitive race of natives and a mysterious white queen, Ayesha, who reigns as the all-powerful "She", or "She-who-must-be-obeyed".

A really good book and after reading that it makes it even better.

I like this one for a new brewer inviting people over to taste his first brews, on one condition.

PIDE - Providing It Doesn't Explode.

So I have been searching for THE EAC thread for about an hour only to find out I can't access it until I'm a premium member... things that should have been mentioned an hour ago.

So I have been searching for THE EAC thread for about an hour only to find out I can't access it until I'm a premium member... things that should have been mentioned an hour ago.

Why should we mention the unmentionable?

no acronyms -

:off:

$25/yr will get you lots of stuff---:ban:

yes, only $2 a month for more information and entertainment than you can possibly use! :ban:
What are you waiting for? Act now! -
But wait, there's more! :ban:
You can turn off those annoying advertisements! and...now...back to your regularly scheduled thread ---

Why should we mention the unmentionable?

Oh I didn't expect you to mention the meaning or where the thread even was... just that when I finally found it I couldn't get in. Maybe that's part of the gag? Either way, I love this site!

Back