HAHA Good one BOBBY M!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cad

Reaction score
So I ordered a sight glass/thermo kit from BobbyM and when I got it in the mail on Tuesday I pulled it out of the box and immediately saw something wrong. You see I am an engineering design tech/survey tech by trade and immediately noticed that the sight glass was threaded in at a wierd angle. I was like "WTF I got duped by this guy selling homemade stuffs on the internetz!" So I told my wife I was going to fire off an email and give him a piece of my mind! So I go to the website and look for his email and run across a handy little video that explained why he threads it at such a wierd angle. After I calmed down a little I decided I should forgive BobbyM for my ignorance. So no need to apologize Bobby...we are good. ;)

I got my sight glasses two days ago and installed them last night. I must say that they are 10 times better than the ones I purchasd from MoreBeer a few years ago. Not to mention that they are less expensive and the vinyl numbers are the icing on the cake.

I just installed the Sight Glass/Thermo kit from BobbyM and it was super easy and no leaks. Quality product. The only problem I had was when I calibrated my keg I got to the very top and I was at 14 gallons. Somehow I started marking at 3 and I was actually at 4 gallons. I think I had some homebrews before calibration. :drunk:

Bobby M's sight glass/thermometer combo rocks! They make life so much easier!

Hey Bobby, just had a thought after seeing this thread pop up again. Do your sight glass/thermo kits work on the round coolers? I over filled my HLT, and wasn't sure how much water I dumped into the MT. It would be nice to have an external indicator to let me know how much I have.

I have made them for coolers in the past but I'd feel a lot better about selling them once I get my hands on a 10 gal igloo for testing. The big box stores around here don't start selling them until around April.

I have made them for coolers in the past but I'd feel a lot better about selling them once I get my hands on a 10 gal igloo for testing. The big box stores around here don't start selling them until around April.

I've got a spare for you Bobby. I can bring to the 3/15 meeting.

Back