Hacking a more beer tippy dump system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmac62

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used more beer tippy dump system. I'm getting used to it, the burner under the boil kettle does bring the beer to a boil, but it doesn't boil very vigorously and it seems to take a long time. I would like to get a big banjo under at least the boil kettle. I was wondering if anyone has upgraded the burners on their tippy dump rig? :mug:

My 26g MoreBeer system worked like a champ. I’m somewhat local have a banjo burner if you’d like to try it but the normal ones on the MoreBeer system were fine for me. Maybe it’s the regulator.

smcinco, thanks for the reply. I have friends that have the large 20 psi banjos and they work great. It might be the regulator, or even the burner. I'll call the guy at MB who uses the Tippy Dump regularly and I'll see what he thinks. :ban:

@cmac62, :mug: Those bg10 burners are excellent, more than enough (I assume yours is the same as my old single tier system). One other thing to check is if the burner shield has been modded or moved closer to the pot that could also choke out the burner.

fwiw.

bg14: awesome on LPG, ok on NG

413062DPW6L._SX425_.jpg

bg12: good on LPG, not recommended for NG

41S6RT0P6NL._SX425_.jpg

bg10: noisy AF on LPG but a bazillion users can't be wrong (up side: it'll drown out your pump noise ;)). NFG on NG.

bayou-classic-replacement-burner-part-bg10_grande.jpg

Cheers! ;)

Back