Gun Guys, help me out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
I have a beautiful Winchester Model 9422 .22 s-l-lr that I am looking to trade or sell (not here on hbt, but either at a gun show, craigslist, or other avenues.)

When I look this gun up at gunbroker or guns america they seem to be going from 600 to 1200, but I have not seen another one with similar wood grain, or color.

This gun is in very good shape and I want to trade for an ar-15 or a sig 40 cal with some cash thrown in.

Can anyone give me some input on what I should value this gun, or what a reasonable trade would be.

(I looked at hbt rules and this post seems ok, please remove and let me know if it is not)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

How old is your gun? Is the stock original or aftermarket? You may be able to search the serial number on winchesters web sites. Some gun manufactures have serial number look ups. This only works to tell you the type of gun model and features on newer guns though.

That is a nice looking .22!!

Just called winchester and the year of manufacture was 1996.

Don't know if the stock is original or aftermarket. I have searched around a bit and haven't seen one that looks like it though. I think it is much more beautiful than many of the other stocks I have seen.

Just called winchester and the year of manufacture was 1996.

Don't know if the stock is original or aftermarket. I have searched around a bit and haven't seen one that looks like it though. I think it is much more beautiful than many of the other stocks I have seen.

Looks original to me. :mug:

If you're going to trade it because you can't find .22 ammo don't bother. .223 and .40 is hard to find as well.

I'd say that's probably an aftermarket stock though.

It's not because of the ammo at all, I have enough .22 to last through this ammo craze. I just think I would enjoy, and use one of these other guns more.

I have no clue on the stock, maybe ill look around and see who manufactured aftermarkets for it.

Even if its an aftetmarket stock as long as its a good stock shouldn't hurt the value. Take it to a local gun shop got appraisal.

Latest posts

Back