Guinness mixture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royce123

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the Guinness gas mixture. I have a Guinness tap set up at home and recently tapped a new keg of Guinness but I am not getting a good head and very little "cascading effect" when the beer is poured. I have the right mixture but I am using a tank that was filled 3 years ago. Does the gas mixture go flat and would a new tank of gas help?

I have a set up that came out of a pub in Ireland with a new spout assembly. I will try and up the pressute to 35 PSI and make sure the restrictor plate is not plugged.

Thanks,

Most likely if you have had the keg only on 12psi of beer gas all this time it is going to be really flat. I am not sure that you are going to be able to salvage it. I would put is on 60psi for a few days that might get the nitrogen back into the beer. When I nitrogenate my homebrew I use a carb stone. Nitrogen takes a lot of time to dissolve in the beer otherwise.

Back