Guide to distill without still and filter easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halker

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals i'm an iranian and i made lots of alcoholic beverages cause it cannot be bought here and many years ago i learned a traditional way to distill (filter and separate water and alcohol from each other), this method are used to filter and get herb's distillate

the equipment that are needed
big pot , glass jar , one conoid pot lid and a good heater (stove or normal heater)
first put the liquid (mash) into pot and put the glass jar in middle of the pot,
then place the pot lid on top of the pot upside down.
DTWFDR.jpg

after that put the pot on the heater and every 15 and 20 min spray cold water in middle of the pot lid it makes the water and alcoholic drops go in the jar and after one hour empty the jar in bottle and put it in middle again.
n4Htjb.jpg

with a thermometer you can only separate alcohol.

With this method you cannot separate ethanol from methanol, which is necessary in distillation.

@zippy84 suppose you could always do a second run that isn't as a long to strip the heads out of it leaving mostly ethanol and tails behind. Though given the risks of flammable vapours getting out from the unsealed vessel I'd just sooner go the still route. Though thats as far as I'm going to discuss the matter given this is a homebrewing forum and not a distillation forum and such discussions may not be looked upon kindly here.

Though thats as far as I'm going to discuss the matter given this is a homebrewing forum and not a distillation forum and such discussions may not be looked upon kindly here.

Agreed! Which is why I didn't really elaborate. Either way, given the level of info (s)he describes, the method isn't really safe. Both toxic and flammable, depending on heat source.

Let's remember that talk of distillation is against our forum rules. Please visit a distilling site if you wish to talk about that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back