Guess Im gonna start kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WYOBrews

Reaction score
Today my uncle hooked me up with six 5 gallon kegs and two 20 pound CO2 tanks. Heck of a deal. His father in-law was a distributor and had a bunch of left over stuff from when he retired. I'm getting excited looking at all the new stuff. Just need to save up now for a freezer and a temperature controler! Oh yeah!!!!

Look into the ebay temp controller thread on the DIY forum here. You'll be buying a 25 dollar dual stage temp controller on ebay and wiring it yourself. Looks like it takes about 40 bucks total for the controller and the appropriate stuff to wire it up (Electrical cord, ties, box, etc) and it's a DUAL stage controller.

That is for sure a cheap way to do it, but if you ever plan on a fermentation chamber or any other applications, the dual stage controller will come in handy. And for a complete dual stage controller for under 50 bucks...you can't go wrong.

I believe my dual stage ran me about twice that, so that is a good deal if you can build one for under $50.

Just need to save up now for a freezer and a temperature controler! Oh yeah!!!!

the dual stage controller will come in handy. And for a complete dual stage controller for under 50 bucks...you can't go wrong.

Agreed, 50 bucks is a nice price for a dual stage controller...apparently the OP doesn't have the $$:mug:

Man! Thanks for all the help and info you guys! Really appreciate it! I need some time to go through all your info!

Back