Growing hops at home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ditto! i got some rhizomes in the 'crisper' drawer of my fridge that im gonna plant in the next few weeks (since the weather in san diego is fair enough to handle it)...
definitely need to do some research about the whole trellis/trimming aspect..but ive got a nice place on the side of the house that gets plenty of sun and im thinkin i may gonna run some cables up to an eye-bolt on the eves 16'... or may decide to just do horizontal cables and stake posts at the end kf the row..we shall see..

ditto! i got some rhizomes in the 'crisper' drawer of my fridge that im gonna plant in the next few weeks (since the weather in san diego is fair enough to handle it)...

Good luck. Hops really benefit from a nice cold winter (I think they need a freeze or two) which is one of the reasons that they grow so well up here in the PNW and why New York used to be a major hop growing region before hop disease caused havoc.

I'm wanting to get started this spring on growing hops. I'm east of Dallas and starting to do research into it. Thanks for posting this. 🍻

Back