Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Bill and the entire split crew. You guys are amazing at knocking that out and have it down to a science. Thanks again!

I unfortunately have to work this weekend (again :mad:) so I'll have to pick up on Monday (hopefully). Bill, will you be around on Monday at 3:00 or so?

Leaving Sycamore now, should arrive ~11. The Black IPA is not ready, so I'm traveling boozeless. :( :( :(

Many thanks to Bill and everyone else that helped make this happen. I have enough to hopefully last most of the summer right now, and am looking forward to the next one. If you need someone to help on splits next time, I'm happy to do that too. Thanks folks!

Many thanks to Bill and everyone else that helped make this happen. I have enough to hopefully last most of the summer right now, and am looking forward to the next one. If you need someone to help on splits next time, I'm happy to do that too. Thanks folks!

100% agree and thanks so much. I will definitely be in on the next one too. We have a great community here.

I should be there before noon. No home brew in stock so New Glarus will have to do...

sucks to be you! I'll be camping up at governors dodge in august and plan on picking up a case or two while im there

Bill, should we save our empty grain sacks for the next buy?
Dave sorry about the bad grammar in my PM. The horseradish starts are in wet dirt. If they are like hops, I can grow them. Thanks again. We need to get the bikes out.

Bill, should we save our empty grain sacks for the next buy?
Dave sorry about the bad grammar in my PM. The horseradish starts are in wet dirt. If they are like hops, I can grow them. Thanks again. We need to get the bikes out.

Haha Mike I'm sure mine wasn't any better, I spent the afternoon at the Crown BrewFest in Crown Point and probably 40 - 1/4 pours in me by then... If they are in the ground, they'll grow.. I'll send a how to make the actual sauce to you and any others that took em, but you will have to remind me I am sure....

Bikes yes, just got finishes adjusting the tappets, lifters, pushrod slack on the 64... Well definitely have to see about a meetup sometime ...now cleanup time and off to a wedding...yipeee.

Thanks again Bill, and also everyone who helped make this buy happen. It was also nice to meet some fellow homebrewers. Can't wait till round 9!

It was nice seeing many of the familiar faces as well as new ones today. Also, there are only 44 full sacks left with numerous splits. We made a HUGE dent this weekend. I hope to have all of the grain picked up by the end of this week. Thanks.

It was nice seeing many of the familiar faces as well as new ones today. Also, there are only 44 full sacks left with numerous splits. We made a HUGE dent this weekend. I hope to have all of the grain picked up by the end of this week. Thanks.

Thanks again Bill and everyone else who put this together and ran it so seamlessly.. Awesome!

So.... Now that I have a stack of sacks in the basement of grain I ask myself how to store it. Does anyone have a line on plastic barrels?

I just filled 14 5gallon buckets with six 55lb sacks. The buckets and lids were about $60 at Home Depot. I got two Gama lids for the two buckets I'll be in and out of most.

What's the benefit of Gama lids? Is it worth the extra $ as opposed to normal lids with a gasket?

Looper said:
What's the benefit of Gama lids? Is it worth the extra $ as opposed to normal lids with a gasket?

Better seal, easier to open, less wear on the lid

Looper said:

I saw Gamma lids at Menard's a week ago for about $7 each I think. Might be a touch higher in Chicagoland, but that's a pretty good price.

Bill, any chance I can come up this afternoon to pick up? I can be there around 3:30...

Bill, any chance I can come up this afternoon to pick up? I can be there around 3:30...

i won't be around at 3:30 this afternoon. can you come by after 5 pm? someone else is actually stopping by at 6:30 tonight. let me know.

Quick thanks to Bill & team, picked up my grains on Saturday and promptly brewed my first Saison. Both of the beers I sampled when I was there were really good!

Gothic, im sorry but i forgot to take damn yeast to Bill for you but dont you live close to midway? if you do or its on your way let me know, you could stop buy and get it from me directly

No worries, I will just pick some up when I am ready to brew. Thanks.

Hay bill do you know what was missing from sk888smooth order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back