Grounded Brewing panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyt

Reaction score
I ordered a custom 50A panel from from Grounded Brewing Technologies (@groundedbrewtech ).
Rex sent over a couple pictures of the progress. I think it's looking fantastic!
Component arrangement, and etching is all custom. He was able to use my logo and font.

PanelInternal1.jpg
PanelBottom1.jpeg
PanelFace1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm really digging the stuff grounded brew tech is putting out. Did you customize any controls or just the graphics?

Looks really cool. What’s the price point on that?

If you order a regular design they are $1100-1600
Obviously, the 30A with 3 PID is cheapest, with the 50A 4 PID being the most (there is a 4 element option also). Normally you don't get custom fonts across the whole thing, but I paid extra to have a new etching stencil made (no stickers!); I don't remember offhand at the moment, but I think the all the extra etching was under $200 extra. Something like that. F'n worth it, IMO

I'm really digging the stuff grounded brew tech is putting out. Did you customize any controls or just the graphics?

It's just about all custom. I didn't change any of the component models though. Mine is a blend of the 50A Pro and the V2. Basically, the Pro model but without the chiller PID. I supplied the logo, and the font. I also asked him to move the power and alarm bits around a little, so the logo could be maximized while keeping everything else within margins and symmetrical.

Rex is making these panels for less than the other guys, doing fully custom work AND they all come already assembled. I was initially going to settle for a different brand, of lower amps, and put it together myself to save some cash. Having Grounded do it saves me money, and time I would never get back, and it looks far superior to anything I would have done myself, and without stickers, and full 50A.

https://www.groundedbrewingtechnologies.com/products/

He can do just about anything you want. Hit him up and ask. Tell him you heard about him here!

This looks awesome!! I am in the process of converting to eBIAB. Waiting to get my kettle re configured. I was looking at a kit as well from another site and then came across Grounded Brewing Technologies. I believe their 30a BIAB all set up is only 475 which is 100 less that others. Plus they have the timer control on theirs and others do not. Have you had a chance to do a dry run yet?

Anyone else annoyed at all the red wires? Both SSRs are fed by and feed the same color wire, without stripes or labels. In a small enclosure, not a big deal I guess because you can just trace the wires, but in my mind I would feed separate contacts with identifiable wires.

Have you had a chance to do a dry run yet?

I hooked it up to the 50A line just to make sure everything was powering up appropriately after shipping. I don't have kettles and elements yet. Grounded is working on a 3v setup, and I'm waiting to see how that turns out before I pull the trigger on all Ss. The boil kettle he's going to use for the 3v HERMS should be the same on he uses for the eBIAB setup. The mash tun will be similar to the InfuSsion tun. And we should be hearing about the HERMS HLT soon.

Anyone else annoyed at all the red wires? Both SSRs are fed by and feed the same color wire, without stripes or labels. In a small enclosure, not a big deal I guess because you can just trace the wires, but in my mind I would feed separate contacts with identifiable wires.

Nope does not bother me one bit. You could easily flag the ends with numbered label tape if you really wanted to. If you ordered a panel from @groundedbrewtech , and really wanted different striped wire, or labels on them, I bet Rex might be willing to work something out. Just ask! He replies to emails in a timely manner.

The red wires are used to identify which leg of the 240v circuit is being controlled by the SSR. SSRs “break” the circuit of only one leg of the 240v circuit allowing the PID to send an output signal “closing” the circuit to allow power to flow through the contactor and then to the element. It is pretty easy to follow right SSR is the HLT and left is the boil so knowing that it is easy to trouble shoot anything with them. Cheers!

Back