Ground cover for lizards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewinator

Reaction score
So I noticed my second-year hops coming up, and so I had to do some serious weeding. As I pulled all the weeds up, an alligator lizard came up the wall and looked at me like I was a shiatheel. Ironic that in an attempt to help out my budding hops, I evict the one bug-eating denizen by removing his hideout weeds.

Lizards like foliage to hide in. So I'm thinking I need to return some ground cover once the hops return, as I want grasshoppers and caterpillars and other miscreants controlled this year. I'm thinking some ground ivy once the hops are large enough to dominate any competing plant. Anyone else have this issue?

I hike a lot and catch lizards to release at home for pest control, and want to encourage them to stay.

Is it in full sun? Because if it is ivy usually burns up.. You could do creeping rosemary or strawberries though! :rockin:

Yeah, full sun. I like the rosemary idea, as I love the evergreen smell. Hmm, maybe use it as an aroma addition? :cross:

Is it in full sun? Because if it is ivy usually burns up.. You could do creeping rosemary or strawberries though! :rockin:

Thyme is another good one, tis very hardy but i dunno if any lizards would be able to hide in it. You could do a mixture of both and have herbs for BBQ'n though.

Back