greetings from western, ma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboomcult

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Jim, my wonderful girlfriend got me my brew kit for xmas from the LBS. For the past month I have been reading as much info as I can take... I now feel I am ready to brew...

Tomorrow is my plan... I have a red ale kit to start out with. I think I am going to do a dry run with starsan to get a feel for the transfer process. I can't wait to get underway!

Jim
http://huskyhiker.com

Welcome from the eastern side of the state!

The first brew is always the toughest. I did a "walk through" 6 times before I actually brewed and I STILL found I needed to sanitize a couple things as I went along (the spoon to stir the re-hydating yeast, the spoon to stir the yeast into the cooled wort, the thermometer used for the cooling wort etc).

It gets easier each time. Have fun and good luck!

-Will

greetings from Boston,
Are you sure you are ready to take that step, once you're there there is no turning back.
This disease has common side effects such as bear belly, empty bank account and extremely good mood.

Welcome Jim... nice website! Welcome to the obsession...

Back