Greetings from Vermont!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunkybrewster

Reaction score
Hello all! What an amazing site for anything and everything home brew related. I just racked a Porter yesterday and was wondering from some of the vets on the board:

At what point in your brewing career did you start to kegging vs. bottling?

I feel like I am ready to make the jump. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

Thanks and have a great day!

Welcome from northwest MA (formerly of the Bennington area).

I began kegging probably about a year, year and a half after I started brewing. It's not that hard, if you've got the room and a little change in your pocket, I don't think anyone had ever regretted making the switch. If you decide to hold off, I've got about eight thousand empty bottles you're welcome to!

:tank: from Poultney

I started kegging 6 months in and havent looked back. Enjoy the site and the beer. It defiantly bets bottling.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm ready to make the jump after the last bottling fiasco. Our dog was WAY too excited and knocked over at least 6 bottles. It's definitely time! Thanks again

Started kegging about 6 months ago ... will never look back! Bottling was so tedious, I can't believe it took so long for me to make the switch !

Welcome to HBT -- neighbor .

Back