Greetings from Northern England!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yashicamat

Reaction score
Well, after browsing for a little while (and now getting into homebrewing a bit more) I have decided to sign up.:)

I am a real ale enthusiast and have been for about 5 years, and while I've always been somewhat spoilt with the choice for excellent beers in the pubs around here, I have always fancied trying to perfect (as best I can!:eek:) the art myself. My preference in beers generally lies with pale and hoppy ales, but I do enjoy a nice stout too.

So, as with most I expect, I started off with the obligatory beer kit. Simple, add cane sugar etc., produce something just about drinkable.

My latest effort I've smoothed out a bit more; I used a pale ale kit beer, then Muntons beer enhancer and rather than use tap water, I used bottled water (so as to avoid the chlorine content etc.). I then dry-hopped the beer with 2oz of Fuggles. Overall result - very nice! Suprisingly so in fact. The "homebrew taste" was present, but nowhere near what it used to be like.

I have a few kits "in stock" which need using up, but I have just taken order to do a malt extract beer to my own (ish) recipe:

3lbs Pale Ale malt extract syrup
2lbs Extra light spray malt
Challenger hops for bittering
Cascade hops for aroma (with probably a few challenger hops too).

Intention is to create a nice hoppy, pale ale!

Anyhow I'll stop rambling now.:O

Nice to be on board. :)

Rob

Welcome to HBT, Rob. It's a great place to learn homebrewing, have your brew day emergency questions answered, and just generally hang out. There are several British brewers on the board, so you might even have someone close by to show you some of the tricks of the trade, as it were.

Take care,
Chad

Back