greetings from manteca, california

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hmm i wonder how many members on here are from the San Joaquin Valley?

Anyways my name is Rick. I did a gallon batch of cider last year with a wine yeast (all i know is it was made in australia), and it turned out really well for being my first time, plus I fermented it in the plastic gallon jug (like a milk jug) that i bought it in. all i did was add some brown sugar, never even took a gravity reading. after a week (it was a very quick and violent ferment), i syphoned it off the sediment, cleaned the jug out well, and put it back in for another week before bottling. let it chill in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks and it was pretty clear.

anyways, I'm back into making cider again. I have a gallon of Boa Vista Orchards cider on it's second day of fermenting with a half pound brown sugar and Red Star Cotes des blans, and I have a gallon of Barsotti's i just put campden tablets in last night that i'm going to brew using Safale s-04.

It's be nice to hear from others around my area. :)

Back