Greetings from Jupiter...FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gb043075

Reaction score
Hello everyone - A neighbor gave me an old Mr. Beer Kit a year or so ago that I threw in the attic. I trip over it each time I haul SWMBO's Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Spring, Summer, Fall, in between spring and summer......decorations to and fro so I finally decided to give it a whirl.

I figured the ingredients probably weren't good any more but decided to try it just the same. While that batch was sitting in the closet I made the mistake of finding this forum and began to read, religiously.

That was about a month or so ago and I know have a kegerator (chest freezer with temp control) in my garage with three taps, a batch of IPA on tap that I force carbonated and it's quite tasty IMO. Summer Ale, Blonde Ale, and a batch of Edwort's Apfelwein at one stage or another, doing AHB blue moon clone for the Mrs. this weekend, and an IPA recipe I came up with using BeerSmith and info found on this site next weekend.

I've built a fermentation chamber (disassembled my wifes wine fridge and used the guts), and my garage looks like a homebrew supply warehouse. SWMBO is convinced I've gone off the deep end. She probably won't snap until spring time when the temps get up to a point where I'll have to move my beautiful new piece of furntiture (fermentation chamber) inside the house :D

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the super informative posts! Without you guys I'd probably still be staring at my Mr. Beer Kit and reading How to Brew - scratching my head.

Cheers! :mug:

Latest posts

Back