Greetings from Iowa...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAbrew

Reaction score
Homebrewer since 1994 (or thereabouts). Got started when the company I worked for installed a network connection and I found Homebrew Digest.

I have settled on partial mash. I mash about 6 pounds of grain and then use DME to obtain my desired final gravity. I have averaged 12 to 14 batches per year so I am estimating that I am now on about my 180th batch.:rockin:

I have only had one bad batch in all this time. I was using bulk LME and mold was growing on top of it. I was told by the store I bought it from to scrape the mold off and it would be OK (boiling would kill any sprores). Well, after about 4 weeks in the bottle, little streamers of gunk started forming and I had to throw about half of the batch out (I had already consumed the other half).:drunk:

Welcome. I'm relatively new here myself, but glad to see a fellow Iowan. Where do you live? (By the way, I've only been brewing for a couple years.)

:mug:

Been up here about 7 years now. Grew up in Alabama. Also lived in Texas and North Carolina before moving up here for work.

Back