Greetings from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombatkoala

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a new homebrewer - only made 2 batches thusfar. The first batch I made I enjoyed so much, I plan on making it again, and playing around with the recipe a bit.

Just made a stout that I'm not a huge fan of, but my friends like it, so I trade it for favors (I'm not really a stout person anyway, but my homebrewing friend raved about it so much I thought I'd try it).

I also just tried a basic mead recipe trying to get another friend into brewing, and I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Hello, homebrew world!

Welcome! I'm a Central Illinoisian but I travel between here and Chicago on occasion. Welcome to the club!

What was your Stout recipe and what parts do you not like about it?

Again, welcome from this State of Corruption :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

@snipper_cr - I'm not entirely sure what ingredient I don't like in it - but it's an aftertaste that sticks with me for a few days. It was the Brewer's Best Russian Imperial Stout kit, though like I said, my friends enjoy it. I really think I'm just not a huge stout fan, though I suppose I'll find out on Dark Lord Day.

Greetings from Lockport and good luck with your brew! Have you tried any of the other brewers best kits? I want to give one a try but I don't want to get one that tastes like ass.

Greetings from Lockport and good luck with your brew! Have you tried any of the other brewers best kits? I want to give one a try but I don't want to get one that tastes like ass.

I have family down there - nice area.

I really liked the the Brewers Best English Brown Ale - delicious. That's the one I'm making next with a few additions (such as an additive for clarity, and some extra chocolate grains).

I'm just not a stout person, but I'm a big fan of their kits and their processes - especially for beginners!

Back