Greetings from Chiba Japan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoshiie

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been brewing and lurking here on HBT for a few years now, but I decided it was finally time to give something back and upgraded to premium membership. I also figured it this was as good a time as any to officially introduce myself....sooo... Hi! :mug:

Hello Yoshiie,

I get to Narita with work every month or two. We stay at the Radisson west of the airport. In fact I'll be there for New Years eve this year.

Cheers!

Konichiwa Yoshiie!!!! I lived in Okinawa for eight years total (two different times). How is homebrewing in Japan? I know there are restrictions or kind of a "don't ask don't tell policy" in regards to buying the ingredients and it being "illegal" to brew certain stuff (just like spearfishing on Oki). Perhaps you or Chap can give some insight. Again, welcome!!!

:drunk:Wow, I just realised all the responces that I got. Thanks everyone!

As for everyone's questions (better late than never, I guess!)
Homebrewing is still very minor here. Some hardware stores will sell the Blackrock kits, but it is relatively easy to get grain and hops online from a couple of domestic homebrew supply stores. The "catch" with homebrewing here is that it is perfectly legal to homebrew... as long as the ABV is under 1%. we all of course make sure to follow the letter of the law!:D

Latest posts

Back