Greetings from Calgary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrdnck

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I have recently taken up brewing for the first time since university (nearly 20 years ago). My experiments in school were never very good - I realize now that it was because possibly due to sanitation, and mostly due to pounding the 'finished' product about 2 days after it was bottled.

I have recently bottled a batch of pilsner made from a Brewhouse kit, and after about a month of bottle conditioning it turned in to a quite tasty beer. I recently bottled a batch of IPA (improvised malt extract recipe) and eagerly await the sampling in about 4 weeks. Yesterday, I hacked a Brewhouse kit using their suggestions for a Duvel clone. Everything went well, until I realized that the 1388 Belgian Ale that I ordered was really a 1338 Euro Ale. By that time, I had already smacked the pack and it was puffed up and the wort was ready. So, I decided to RDWHAHB and pitched the yeast that I had. I notice today that the airlock is bubbling away about 1 bubble per second, and I will have a strong golden ale of some description sometime around Christmas - I guess you could call it an Alt - BGSA hybrid.

I have been lurking here for a few months now, and have found out many answers to questions and have learned lots. I look forward to being part of the homebrew community.

Nice to have you on the board! We can always use some more Canucks. Hope your hybrid turns out, sounds interesting.

Congrats on your experimental brew, I'm sure it'll taste great.
Have you been out to the Yeast Wrangler meetings yet? First Wednesday of every month. Good bunch of guys (and gals). I supply goods to quite a few of them.
Drop by my site maybe I can help expidite your obsession.
HD

http://www.hopdawgs.ca

Hopdawgs -

Yes, I am planning on going to the YW meeting in Sept. I have checked out your website, and will undoubtedly take advantage in the future.

Latest posts

Back