Greetings from Boston, MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Tex

Reaction score
Hey,

I just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Boston, go to law school, and enjoy drinking beer. I've never brewed any myself, but I was thinking about starting real soon. On that note, can anyone recommend a store with homebrew equipment in Boston?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to that first taste of a home made beer!

CT

Depending on where you're at in Boston, this one's probably closest--Cambridge.

www.Modernbrewer.com

If I remember correctly, it's right near the Harvard stop on the redline. Haven't lived in Boston for a few years though...

Monk

Edit: this isn't the shop I used to go to, after all. It's way up in N. Cambridge...I think there's one by Harvard campus, though.

Welcome to the site from a fellow masshole. Check out Beer-Wine.com. They are located in Woburn, Ma. Which is about 20 miles north or Boston. They are a little pricey, but they have most everything.

I go to a small mom and pop place in Foxboro called the 'Witches Brew'. Great place! It's only open thurs, fri, and sat though.

Monk said:
Depending on where you're at in Boston, this one's probably closest--Cambridge.

www.Modernbrewer.com

If I remember correctly, it's right near the Harvard stop on the redline. Haven't lived in Boston for a few years though...

Monk

Edit: this isn't the shop I used to go to, after all. It's way up in N. Cambridge...I think there's one by Harvard campus, though.

The guy who owns that place owns the HBS I go to in New York. Good guy, not especially cheap (hell, you can almost always buy stuff cheaper online). Havne't been to his other stores, though.

the_bird said:
(hell, you can almost always buy stuff cheaper online).

Really? Even with shipping and handling? I checked out beerandwine.com, but their fermentation bucket was like $16 + $10 for shipping and handling. Any cheaper places out there?

I usually shop locally because I like supporting the HBS, but austinhomebrew.com (I think it's them) has flat $5.99 shipping on everything. When I do buy online, it's usually from Northern Brewer, whose prices are a lot cheaper than Roger's, especially for things like kegging gear (and shipping isn't too bad). I've never bought from beerandwine.com; the big online places are Austin, NB, morebeer.com, and Midwest.

I just ordered all the equipment I needed from Austin. The first brew I'll be making is a honey wheat, can't wait to get started!

MA-holes in the house! Welcome! Good luck w/your first batch, post up if you have any questions/problems.

Back