Greetings Everybody!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zythos

Reaction score
Hi, been here a couple of days and just realized I haven't introduced myself yet. :eek:
With that said, my names Eric, and I'm from Ney York, just north of the city. I'm currently brewing my first batch of beer. I got the brew bug beacause of that Mr. Beer "toy" but after reading around and watching videos of brewing on youtube I decided that Mr. Beer might not be the best decision. I went out and got an "Ale Pale" kit from ebay, with just about everything needed to brew a batch of beer.

Most of my favorite beers are from the smaller microbreweries. I love ales, especially pale ales. I also enjoy a nice Belgian ale from time to time. For the most part I enjoy all styles of beer, and their differences in flavor. You'll never see me drink beer from a can, and it's rare that you see me drink anything from a major brewery like Bud, or Coors. I do enjoy Sam Adams alot, and sometimes a Yeungling lager or black and tan. Anyway, I love beer, so it was only a matter of time before I started brewing it. :drunk:
Well, that's enough about me, hope to see ya around!
:mug:

Welcome! :mug:
As you have already found out, there's lots of great information at HBT. What are you going to brew for your first batch?

Thanks! When I bought my supplies I also bought an ingredient kit from the same seller (didn't want to be all dressed up with no place to go, if you know what I mean). I bought the Brewer's Best India Pale Ale Kit, and brewed it the day I got it. Right now I'm a week into fermentation. At first things got off to a rocky start (see my first post in beginners forum) but smoothed out pretty well up to this point. About three days ago I took a gravity reading and things seemed normal. I'll check it again today and see how close to target it is. Hopefully in a month or so I can enjoy some homebrew with a few friends. :mug:

Back