Greetings - Another from the PDX!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khiddy

Reaction score
Greetings, all!

I am Ken, from Portland, Oregon, a mecca for brewing in the good ol' USA. I've had a hand as an assistant in a few brewing sessions over the years (porter and red ale), but haven't yet done a beer on my own start-to-finish. I actually work at a university here, and last month I organized an "Introduction to Homebrewing" class for our alumni that was run by one of our active homebrewing professors and a master brewer alumnus who works at McMenamin's. We made a Hammerhead clone, and I was hooked.

Last year, I purchased some E-Z Caps via the eBay and have mixed up a few ciders, but they're pretty rough. Don't get me wrong, I drank 'em, and set some aside in swing-top bottles to lay down, but I'm not gonna put Woodchuck or Spire out of business any time soon! Right now I have a few bottles of apple-cherry cider bubbling away, as well as a ferment of purple drink just to see what it's like (not grape juice, but grape "drink"!).

Anyhow, my bride surprised me by ordering me a Mr. Beer kit this past week, and while it's in shipping, I thought I'd do some research, and that brought me here. I've read almost all 118 pages of the MRB thread here on the board, and it is most useful to the n00b.

In non-beer interests, I'm an active member of the Wormwood Society, an online absinthe appreciation group. I am a bit of a cocktailian, and have quite a home bar. I also have non-booze related interests, but I never let them get in the way of a tasty beverage.

It's good to meet you all, and I look forward to learning more about this obsess.... hobby. Thanks for having me!

I knew my spidey sense was tingling. Another one has joined our midst! As far as cider goes, the longer it ages the better it tastes. So I wouldn't be surprised that some of those you lay down and forget about will taste much better once you find them again.

You just missed our last group brewday. The weather was horrible, but fun was had by all.

Back