Great Mugs / glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteWhale

Reaction score
So I was looking through some of the Post a Pint thread, and saw alot of really cool mugs and glasses. I was wondering where everyone gets their mugs from? Do they buy them? Or after the countless years of going to that local watering hole, the bartender just decided he had a few extra laying around for you?

I've ordered a lot of mugs and steins from this website and pint glasses I've seen a lot at target and you can go to specific brewery's websites. and occasionally some pint glasses somehow follow me home, like lost little puppies looking for a new owner.

I got most of mine at my local watering hole. Sam Adams was having a buy-a-pint-keep-the-glass promotion. I collected more than a few. It's amazing they all made it home.

i've ordered several steins, got a commemorative iraq one to remember the 18 months i've spent here. plus they got 1 liter mugs, boots in 1/2 liter, 1 liter, and 2 liter!!!

+1 on Goodwill for glasses. If you aren't picky about brand you can get pint glasses or pils glasses of locals for cheap. I've also seen a few snifters there. My favorite glasses are from Goodwill.

They will also usually have a bunch of mason jars for yeast washing.

I've accumulated most of mine as gifts. It has lead to an eclectic and fun collection.

Every time I go to a new brewery/cool bar/micro brewery I buy a glass. You would be surprised how quickly you can mass a nice little collection.

Every time I go to a new brewery/cool bar/micro brewery I buy a glass. You would be surprised how quickly you can mass a nice little collection.

Same here, I buy one at every brewery I visit. And as some others have mentioned, sometimes unique glasses happen to find their way home from the bar with me.

If I'm in a bar and like their glasses, I ask the bartender if he would sell one. I try not to buy the standard shaker glass, its not very appealing to me. My girlfriend bought me a nice 11.2 ounce stiefel at an antique store for $5, I use it all the time.

a29aec89.jpg

I've ordered a lot of mugs and steins from this website and pint glasses I've seen a lot at target and you can go to specific brewery's websites. and occasionally some pint glasses somehow follow me home, like lost little puppies looking for a new owner.

Awsome link! I've been looking for a couple of thing they carry for years. Thanks so much for sharing this link, I'll certainly be doing some biz with them soon. Regards, GF.

you're very welcome GF, definately has a lot of unique items and it's a good link to pass on to friends/family/significant others when your birthday or christmas or something comes rolling around. :D

If I'm in a bar and like their glasses, I ask the bartender if he would sell one.

That's a good point. I was back in IN for a wedding recently and asked the bartender to buy a cool Bell's Oberon Summer 2010 glass (I can't find it here in CA and it's a fave of mine) and he just gave ti to me. I was sure to leave a nice tip.

I always buy a glass when I go to a brewery. When I come across a cool glass at a restaurant or bar, I usually get it for a five finger discount.

I usually get hammered and walk out with it at the end of the night!

I wake up hungover with a bonus glass in the sink.

Back