Great Lakes Brewing Co. quality concern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a Great Lakes fan for decent amount of years. It seems in the last year or two, the beers' quality are not as good almost acroos the board.

Had the Conaways Irish Ale in a bottle and it was terrible. It had a sugary taste similiar to Magic Hat.

The Dortmunder always seems to be terrible.

Wright Pils (brewpub only for now) is stale tasting.

I know I was not very descriptive, but those three beers I used to love driking.

Anyone else notice a change in quality?

GLBC is never really THAT great out of the bottle. I recently moved away from Cleveland (about 1.5 yrs ago) and when I went back this past August for a week I loved every single beer I got on tap. I basically only drank GLBC for the whole week. Dortmunder was excelent as was their season brew at the time...

Christmas Ale seems to be the only one that I can truly enjoy out of the bottle, and it is TOTALLY worth it. (I spent $100 to get 24 of em shipped out here to Seattle last Christmas)

Back