Great Fermentations in Indianapolis:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HempelNet

Reaction score
I wanted to share a recent story I had with this LHBS. After work the wife and I drove up to the “Candy Store” aka Great Fermentations for some supplies. The owner Anita was working the floor that day and offered great advice, friendly chit-chat, and helped find all of our supplies and equipment. So far it has been like all of my past experiences with this establishment until I went to checkout. It appears they had a database problem with the computer systems so after a short delay Anita asked if we would like to take the supplies and settle up later after the system is back online. All she asked for was an e-mail address so she could e-mail me with the total so I would know what I owed.

I was taken back since she may have remembered seeing me in the past but did not know me personally. Granted my order was only a little over $200 she completely trusted me and apologized for the delay that it took to hand-write my purchased items down. Needless to say later that day the systems were back online and the account was settled but it left a lasting impression on the establishment and the people working it. I may be able to get items cheaper online and the drive maybe bothersome from time to time but they have my business from here on out. I highly recommend this place for fellow Indiana home brewers and figured I would pass the word.

I would have to say Home Brew brings out the best in people! Thank you Anita and the entire Great Fermentations staff… :mug:

Wow, that's very trusting of her! Very nice to know there are still some decent people out there, she definitely deserves business for having an attitude like that.

Back