Great Efficiency, Helluva brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
mdd134 drove down yesterday and we brewed a couple of beers out in the front yard. He had been hitting horrible efficiency, and I hadn't been doing so hot myself last couple of batches. Well, we took extra care with our sparge water amounts and we both hit 75% on the nose!

I had the best crush I've ever had yesterday, finally got my mill set just right. mdd134 brewed a cream ale and I brewed my standard stout. I'm setting aside 24 ounces and letting it sour right now, gonna try something new this time.

Was also my first brew in my new keggle and first time I've not had at least a small boil over..... ever.... felt amazing, best equipment upgrade yet.

All in all, a helluva brewday and nice to meet another HBTer, here's some pics:

brewday1.jpg

cream1.jpg

stout1.jpg

sweet gotta love meeting fellow HB'ers! looks like you guys had fun. I also just scored a new keggel and can't wait for my next brew day with it!

Cheers,

eviljafar said:
There's something I find very disturning about that setup. Only one of you is holding a beer.

(<-- me) He had a few, but he had to drive an hour back to his place in the evening. He managed to sample everything I had available though. :mug:

Back