Great Deal on Thermapens...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My purple one shows up tomorrow. Arrived in Utah on 1/14 with an expected delivery of 1/20. That didn't change until just now, when it suddenly arrived in NJ with an expected delivery of 1/21.

Whee, Fedex!

-Joe

I just started playing with my Thermapen. When this thing says "instant" read, they are not kidding. I have never seen a thermometer react so quickly.

It was also cool that it was calibrated before going into the package and comes with a certificate of calibration, including the name of the calibrator, date, temp and humidity, and reference instruments.

Other cool little details I didn't know: there are DIP switches in the body that let you change between F and C, change the resolution from 0.1F to 1F, disable the auto-off function if you want it on all the time, and adjust the trim if it ever drifts out of calibration.

This is closer to a laboratory instrument than a kitchen thermometer. It's no wonder they're so expensive.

-Joe

Just using my new Orange Thermapen, using it today on 10 gal batch of Oatmeal Stout. What a great Thermometer. Thanks for the lead on the price.

just out of interest. anyone know how to calibrate this thing using the trim adjust. I cant find the doc anywhere on their website.

Thanks Tim. My Thermapen is only about 0.2C out. Wouldnt normally bother for such a small amount, but since I have the ability !

Fantastic thermometer this one. Didnt realise how much I would appreciate it, but the wife got it me for xmas and now that Iv used it a while I realise how nice it is - so many temp checks to do in a brew day that the speed of this thing somehow ends up being unexpectedly handy.

Hey Tim, give me the free shipping and I'll buy one today! C'mon man, I need some brewaccuracy! SWMBO made me promise I wouldn't spend another dime on brewing after seeing the credit card bill with all my Christmas brewgifts for myself!

Glad to hear the TP is doing its job for you, Craig. I have to admit, I've been using one now for 6 or 7 months (from when I started at ThermoWorks) and I can't believe how much I use it (my wife too) for everything. Bruin and Tom, wish I could help you out with the free shipping (!!) but I'm afraid that ship has sailed (we had free shipping for all our email subscribers last weekend). And the $79 deal will be closing soon (tonight at midnight) and we won't be seeing that again for a loooong time. Best of luck with your brewing!!

Back