Great deal on beginners kit though Midwest and Livingsocial.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did peteyb get his yet I am wondering where we are for links/referrals?

No not yet still waiting on one more. Ive been checking regularly so when/if I get one more referral I will let everyone know and take my links down

Awesome deal for a beginner like me. The recipe kit and the $25 off coupon are a plus! Here's my link if you're interested:

Edit: got mine! Thanks!

Thank you to whoever used my referral earlier in the thread! I only need one more now. My kit is due to arrive tomorrow. I'm pumped!

Edit: Got my 3 referrals! Thanks!

This kit does come with a thermometer so that is not needed, but I would recommend an autosiphon upgrade as well. Amazon has some good kettles to compliment this kit as well, or you can get one from Midwest if they give you a good deal with combined shipping.

;

The Kit does not come with a regular thermometer. It comes with a Liquid Crystal Thermometer and hydrometer. Hydrometer is largely useless for extract aside from seeing if fermentation is done. The liquid crystal thermometer attaches to your fermenting bucket so you know what temp your beer is during fermentation. IIRC they only go up to like 82 or 84 degrees. I have a standard lab thermometer that I attached some yarn to and tie to my pot handle. You can also buy floating thermometers, or use an electronic with a temperature probe, all viable options.

I wouldn't buy a kettle to start, just use a big stock pot and do a partial brew. If you don't have one, get one from Walmart. A good kettle will be the basis for your system for a long time, it's a big investment, no reason to spend $70 on a junk one now, only to realize what you really want in a kettle a month from now.

I would recommend a kettle to start. I mean you need something at the minimum of 3 gallons to start with 5 gallon batches, for 35 bucks on Midwest you can get a 5 Gallon kettle which will work fine. 35 bucks is hardly a significant investment for something that lets you do what the kit intends. And when you're done with brewing you have a fryer/stock pot.

Hey guys thanks I just got an email saying that Ive received 3 referrals. Still waiting on them to remove the charge from my card or reinburse the payment though. Ive taken my links down so nobody uses mine anymore. Keep up the good work guys, alot of us have the opportunity to get these for free.

I feel that it would be better the next time there is a deal like this if we set up a dedicated thread of only referral links with some sort of organized method of redeeming them. If done properly we could have a huge amount of HBT users getting the deal for free (minus shipping)

looks like my link is next...got one, need two.

Link pulled...got my 3...looks like CloverBrew is next.

Enter code (SAVE5) at living social checkout to save an additional $5

My kit is due to arrive tomorrow. I'm pumped!

As in, it's shipped already? Mine still says "processing". Not that it's been a while, but I ordered yesterday around this time so I'm just wondering.

Keep goin guys! I'm up there kinda towards the top. Would appreciate the $64 back in my pocket haha

Thanks for the find! It convinced me to finally sign up for an account after lots of lurking.

Here's my link, if everyone before me gets theirs.

***EDIT*** got my three, thanks!

Its a really good deal and brewing is pretty easy it's. The patience part that sucks. Lol I have my link up and should be the 5th or sixth in line for referrals I was courteous to us one at the top. Aspiring brewers please do the same and go down the line.

Cloverbrew did you get your three?

If so, it looks like fishinamlnlk is next:
Thanks for giving this thing some structure. I have to say you guys have been handling this very well. Hopefully by the time it gets down to my link (currently 2 or 3 away) this deal will still be going on...cheers

Thanks Matt3989 for keeping track! Someone from my local club said they bought one with my link, but it is not showing up...maybe there is a delay or something.

Our friends bought this deal from our link and I received an email notifying me shortly thereafter. Have you gotten any notification Josiah?

Back