Great Beer in the Tybee Island/Savannah Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I'm heading to Tybee Island tomorrow for (hopefully) a week to relax with the wife and kids. This is my first vacation in a number of years, so what do you all suggest for microbreweries, brewpubs, etc. and good brands of beer to check out around that area? Hoping to see a few places in Savannah that's good for eats and beers as well. Thanks! :mug:

Maybe not beer, but DO NOT MISS going to Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House. You're a fool if you do :D. Get there early and wait in the line; it's WELL worth it if you like food!!!

Also interested--I plan to be there in October. I read some negative online reviews about a brewpub in Savannah, don't remember the name. I think I saw it on "ratebeer".

So the Habersham Beverage Warehouse is where I went to pick up beer. The selection was fairly large - certainly wayyy more than I could drink in a few days I had remaining there. Definitely worth a stop in if you want to take some back to your place with you.

I remember The Distillery being pretty good. They have a bunch of good craft brews on rotating draft and I think I remember the food being good. Have fun!

Oh yeah I also went here: http://www.moonriverbrewing.com/. But I can't remember if the beer was good or not... sorry. I don't remember it being terrible though! As you can probably tell it's been a few years since I went...

Oh yeah I also went here: http://www.moonriverbrewing.com/. But I can't remember if the beer was good or not... sorry. I don't remember it being terrible though! As you can probably tell it's been a few years since I went...

I definitely want to check out that place. I know it was featured on Ghost Adventures, but I think TAPS (Ghost Hunters) was also there. If not, then it must be the Crescent Moon in Arkansas I'm thinking of.

I'm hoping to do a couple of ghost tours when in Savannah, but SWMBO thinks that might not be a good idea for the 4 year old.

Latest posts

Back