Grandmother died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you kind folks know that I just heard. She was almost 96 and one helluva woman. Tough as nails and cut from a whole 'nother kind of cloth. She has gone to her reward.

I may be off the board for a while as I help my mother care for things. Just wanted to ask you to keep us in your prayers and/or heft one in her honor.

thanks,

Jill

When someone passes away after 96 years, all there really is to say is "Well done". I'm sure we call can hope to match that. I'll crack one open in her honor this evening.

Wow 96! As said above; Well done! I am sorry for your family's loss we'll keep you guys in our thoughts and definitely have a drink for your family.

I'm sorry for your loss, and at the same time, happy to hear your grandmother lived a long life and, from what you said, made good use of her allotted span. We can all hope to do as well.

sorry to hear that. losing a family member is never fun no matter how well a life or how long they lived. it's always hard to say goodbye. I'll have one in her honor tonight.

I'm always amazed when I think of what long lived people would have experienced in their lifetime. All those historical events while being a pioneer themselves.

Sounds like you enjoyed your grandmother. Good for you both.

Just saw this Bedlam, I'm sorry to hear it. 96 is a full life, though, I'll probably never make it that long.

Sorry for the loss. Its always tough to lose someone. Consider one hefted!

SD

There are no words that I can offer, just my thoughts...(I don't pray).;)

I'm in the same boat.. but I always pray to the OP's god when asked, whoever that may be. As I see it, since their god is probably omniscient, he/she should know who they are so if I'm praying to them, they'll hear it. And I figure that since I don't believe, it's no skin off my nose to pray to them, but if I'm wrong, then it's +1 in his favor. I'm not so arrogant as to be afraid of being wrong. :eek:

96 years old.. wow.. I hope they were all great years. :mug:

Back