Grainfather vs Unibrau V3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
I'm looking to possibly downsize from my 3 keggle setup and go for an all in one system. I've heard a lot about the grainfather, but haven't heard too much about the Unibrau V3 system. The new Unibrau system looks great, but I would like to hear more about it now that it has been out for a while.

Also I know the main knock on the Unibrau system is the price point and people recommending a DIY EBIAB instead. But I just want to see everyone's opinion on the functionality of these systems. Thanks!

I was previously ALL IN on the unibrau V3... until i started reading on here. I agonized over the decision and ended up going 240 volt. This opened up my options widely and i looked at the ss brewtech setup. It only comes 240 volt and while you can get a unibrau in 240 volt it no longer makes sense money-wise. (there are better options for less money)
good luck with whatever you decide

Reviving this thread, what did you decide? Are you happy with it? Thoughts?

Currently running down the options between the two myself.

Reviving this thread, what did you decide? Are you happy with it? Thoughts?

Currently running down the options between the two myself.

I actually found an incredible deal on a Grainfather I couldn't pass up so that led me to get the grainfather and also allowed me to keep my other system. The grainfather is really nice but I would still like to get my hands on the Unibrau V3 and try it out.

I do enjoy the ease of the grainfather, but I am glad I still was able to keep my 3V EHERMS. Probably doesn't really help in making your decision, but if you do go the Unibrau route post a follow up. Still intrigued about the system.

Ah, no worries. I pulled the trigger on a Grainfather package a few hours ago. The 3V eHERMS is my end goal althought I too would still like to check out a Unibrau in person. Just can't justify the cost regardless of how robust it seems. My final total for the Unibrau would have been ~$1300 and they still wanted to charge me $50 to ship. At that point it was a matter of principle that I went with the Grainfather, hoping I made a good choice.

Thanks for the response, cheers! :mug:

Back