Grainfather G70 in the U.S.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
So I got one in for review.... It is a loaner and I only have 2 weeks with it so I am going to cram as much into the couple weeks as I can.

Anything in particular anyone has an interest in seeing? I am trying to find out an MSRP and a release date. I am curious about the boil as well. David Heath's video did not show much of a boil and some issues with maintaining temps.

What else.. ?

IMG_20200213_064729.jpg

Didnt you do a brew on this already ? I could have sworn I seen your youtube video on it . I subscribe to your channel. I think the price for that is 1800

On second thought maybe it was David Heath and your was the B80 or something like that .

Didnt you do a brew on this already ? I could have sworn I seen your youtube video on it . I subscribe to your channel.

On second thought maybe it was David Heath and your was the B80 or something like that .

Just got this one.. I have a B80 and a Brewzilla though.. I recently did a review on the small grainfather system.. lol

Now that I think about it , it was the B80 you were live . Keep the good videos coming man . I really like your brewery set up. I will be watching for your G70 video!

I’m late to the thread and reading this on a mobile device - but does it have 220v?

I’d love to hear how heavy that mash baskets going to be as well. I have enough troubles with the 5gallon.

Oh dang man that's just way too much imo

Lots of competition in
I’m late to the thread and reading this on a mobile device - but does it have 220v?

I’d love to hear how heavy that mash baskets going to be as well. I have enough troubles with the 5gallon.

It is 240V and I hear you on the basket.. lol I recently installed an eyelet in the brewery and have a pulley system for lifting baskets. I'll be doing it for this for sure!

I'm curious to see how this works out for people. I have a sometimes love, mostly hate relationship with my Grainfather G30 Connect. It looks like they've made a lot of improvements in the G70 but at that price it's hard for me to rationalize. Going back to 3 vessel HERMS myself but I know I'm in the minority as most folks seem to love their Grainfathers and the G70 looks well sorted. Genuinely hope it's a success.

Back