Grainfather control box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkandrust

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I upgraded the control box that came with My GF,I am currently on my second brew with the new control box .First brew went great held temp within 1 degree and boiled at 212 . Today the temp fluctuated 3 to 4 degrees during mash and I can't get any higher than 209F, barely boiling. Is the temp fluctuation and weak boil related?Also,the control box will click periodically during boil.I hit the reset on the bottom to no avail. Thanks.

I am not sure what constitutes an upgraded controller. Mine has the one that came with the G30 a couple of years ago. I’ve had it about 6 mos and have just completed my 8th brew with it. It rarely fluctuates more than a degree from target. Reaches 212 like a breeze after slowly ramping to 208 during sparge. Have you checked the settings in the app for your equipment? I saw a place in there where you could adjust standard boil temp if altitude was an issue. Do you adjust flow from the pump so overflow is minimal? The only time I’ve ever gotten a click from my controller was when I started mash and realized I did not have the element switch set to on. When I flipped it to on, there was a click reaction from the controller and it began heating as planned. There are a couple of eccentricities with the GF, ie no handles and that whole cuss fest with inserting the bottom screen, but all things considered, I would rank it up there with the space station and the large hadron collider as one of mankind’s penultimate achievements.

Latest posts

Back