Gov Reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiedog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw this in the July/August 2018 issue of Zymurgy magazine: https://govreg.us/
It looks like a good alternative to standard secondary regulators. If you're setting up a draft system using secondary regulators, you could save some money (and space) by using these.

After looking at the prices, I realized that these cost a bit more than I originally thought. The starter kit is $98, and comes with 2 Gov Regs, plus the adjuster/guage. Additional Gov Regs are $36, but require a ball lock adapter to connect to your corny keg.

Has anyone used one of these? I just stumbled across this and I am intrigued.

My keezer can hold 6 kegs on the floor, two more 2.5 gal kegs on the hump, and a 10 lb co2 tank squeezes in on the floor. I love it but it is all super tight. I've been trying to figure out how to fit a normal secondary regulator or two in there, but just don't see how it is going to happen with sacrificing a spot for a keg.

So I'm thinking the Gov Reg might work great, though a little spendy. I've also thought about giving those inline secondaries a try (https://www.morebeer.com/products/inline-secondary-regulator.html), which is way cheaper but still not sure how it would fit and dialing in might be a pain.

I got these for Christmas. I’ll check back in after I get them rolling but I like the idea of being able to dial in different carb without the bulk of additional regulators. Looks very easy to set up.

I got a promotional email for 15% off from NB, so I went ahead and ordered the starter kit. I'm expecting it sometime mid next week. I'm looking forward to giving it a shot. Given its size, it should be easy for me to add more later if I choose, without to much of a space concern. Will actual be cheaper than adding in Taprite secondaries in the long run.

My biggest concern is the longevity of the company. Clearly they are primarily targeting bars, but I'm unsure of the adoption rate. I worry the company goes belly up and then future expansion or replacement becomes impossible.

Someone must have been pretty alert to gift that! I see that Sierra Nevada and New Belgium are using those, so they must work okay.

It’s nice when the wife asks what you want from Santa and you give her the flyer and website.

Setup was super easy and everything looks ok. I’ve got an Ordinary Bitter and Belgian on tap. Very different carb on each and one regulator on the tank.

It’s nice when the wife asks what you want from Santa and you give her the flyer and website.

Setup was super easy and everything looks ok. I’ve got an Ordinary Bitter and Belgian on tap. Very different carb on each and one regulator on the tank.
Update on your gov regs? I'd like to hear it.

dlettow, how do you like your gov regs? We're considering getting some for our draft lines at the VFW. Any feedback would be appreciated.

So far they are working great! While I don't have an inline gauge to be able to check how tight they are holding their set pressure, based on the quality and consistency of my pours, I have no reason to suspect they are drifting. They are working as good as my taprites were, but are waayyy easier to fit. I'm definitely considering picking up another for my mobile cooler kegerator as it should solve the wild dips and spikes that my mini off brand regulator suffers from.

See post #7. It couldn't have been easier to setup. Watched the video on the website and set them up using the adjuster and attached them to the keg. I've got two beers on different settings from one regulator.

I have the gov regs and I love them. Used them for a year with zero issues and I can check and/or adjust the pressure super quick and adjust it with no tools. Make sure you have a good quality dissconnct otherwise the additional weight can cause them to leak. Not a problem wiht a good brand. I got a discount at the AHA convention. Most places that sell them include teh ball lock adaptors in the ~$33 price tag.

I got a few of the Gov Regs for my keezer build, but I'm having problems with the Adjuster Tool. The Adjuster tool pressure gauge is way off, I had to rig up a different pressure gauge to check and adjust the pressure.

I got a few of the Gov Regs for my keezer build, but I'm having problems with the Adjuster Tool. The Adjuster tool pressure gauge is way off, I had to rig up a different pressure gauge to check and adjust the pressure.

I found out the problem with the Adjuster Tool pressure gauge. I'm in Colorado and when delivered due to the altitude the the liquid filled gauge was over pressurized so the gauge needed to be vented. Now it's working fine!

Last edited:
I'd contact customer service. So far we haven't had any problem with our govregs.

I found out the problem with the Adjuster Tool pressure gauge. I'm in Colorado and when delivered due to the altitude the the liquid filled gauge was over pressurized so the gauge needed to be vented. Now it's working fine!
That's great. I think govregs are very stable, but of course, you do need to get an accurate on the setup guage. How did you vent it?

Back