Got Something To Drink While I Brew Tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverZero

Reaction score
I just stopped by the LHBS to get some StarSan (I'm done with bleach and rinsing, mostly for the sake of my T-shirts) and I decided to stop by the fridge to see what they had. I walked out with a bottle each of Stone Ruination, SSR, and Escondidian 15th Anniversary. :ban:

I'm brewing a Ruination clone tomorrow, and I've actually never even tasted the real thing. So that's convenient. I also heard there was some challenges here and there finding the 15th Anni, so I just went for the trifecta. :)

LHBS's there sell beer?

LHBS's here just sell HB supplies. Places that sell beer/wine/liquor (except beer under 3.2ABW) can't sell any other items. No glassware, no pop, nothing :(

The laws on sale of alcoholic beverages just blew me away on travelling around the US. Just about fell of the perch when I went into a supermarket in one small town we were staying the night and they had NO BEER!!!!. Asked the lady on checkout what was going on and she said it was a DRY County. Never mind she said just drive up the freeway and take exit 14. 20 miles of driving and our thirst was sated.
I then googled Dry County and found out I was in Neverland.

I've heard of dry counties before but we don't have any around here (to my knowledge). Our beer laws suck enough

Not sure if Kansas has anymore but we did recently but a lot of counties changed in the last 5 years.

LHBS's there sell beer?

LHBS's here just sell HB supplies. Places that sell beer/wine/liquor (except beer under 3.2ABW) can't sell any other items. No glassware, no pop, nothing :(

Well, add this to the list of reasons I love Oregon. :)

I guess it would just be cruel at this point to mention that Stone is going to be at my LHBS for a tasting shindig in a couple of weeks.

Back