Got some confidence

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

152Sumo

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a long time. I brewed a dfh 60 min ipa clone last spring. It turned out ok but something didn't seem right. Fast forward several months to Xmas time. I opened the last bottle on new years eve and it was better, but something still bothered me. Just recently, I tried a raging ***** Belgian ipa from flying dog. It was awesome. Then I noticed that it tasted almost identical to my beer. I even had my wife try it. Without leading her into it, I asked her for an opinion. " tastes like your beer". I don't know how a 60 min ipa clone turns out like a Belgian ipa, but I learned to " relax, don't worry, have a homebrew".

what is the difference between the two anyway?

is the belgian IPA just a belgian ale that's been hopped to high hell?

You probably fermented the beer too warm. That is the most likely cause of the Belgian flavors you are experiencing.

wonderbread23 said:
You probably fermented the beer too warm. That is the most likely cause of the Belgian flavors you are experiencing.

I think that is what happened. I tried to keep it under 70 the whole time but it was tough. Good thing is that next batch I'm gonna use saison 3711. I can let it get a little warm

Latest posts

Back