Got my water report...how bad is it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.purewaterclub.com/index.php/nro-5t-pl-7.html
It's 98 bucks with free shipping. There may be very small quality variations between this system and systems in the 200-300 range but honestly I don't know how that would be measured. I have a slight variation of this system from the same vendor and my well water goes into it at 400ppm of total dissolved solids and the RO comes out of it at 8pmm TDS. That means it's working very well, removing 98% of the "stuff" in the water.

The only other gear you may want to get is a 1/4" push fit tee, a couple of inline shutoff valves (also 1/4" push fit) and a float valve for collecting brewing water in larger bucket or in your brewing kettle.

View attachment 745827
Hey Bobby, have you checked their website recently? It looks very suspicious but I can’t say they’re not legit…

Cheers 🍻

A single carbon filter reduced a LOT of values in my water report (over a spun filter that just takes out sediment).
Sodium went from 51 to 11. Total hardness went from 163 to 85. Sulfate went from 66 to 9. Magnesium went from 15 to 6.

There is something else going on here... A carbon filter wont' remove hardness like that, unless you are getting it to come out of solution as scale, which I can't see happening. Same re sodium. Sulfate can come out of solution with oxidation (aeration) but I don't see that happening either.

Cutie Pets is located at:
Contact us

No.689 Chang Xing Rd.
Ningbo City
Zhejiang Province

China
Thanks for weighing in! I made up my mind to go with Buckeye Hydro any (despite you probably being Ohio State fans…!)…

Should probably call you about configuration shown on another thread here.

Cheers🍻

I just tapped my first beer that I diluted 80/20 with distilled water, no other modifications. I’m floored. First time using citra hops, which I’m not a huge fan of now, and pressurized fermenting in an all rounder. This old dog has learned some new tricks and he is happy. I purchased a RO system and am ready to learn the water chemistry stuff. The keg is heading to deer camp on Friday!

Back