Goose Island Opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I'm about halfway through my second bottle of Goose Island IPA tonight and I think maybe I should be posting this in the Drunken Ramblings section. But, anyway, I digress.

I have found that I really like their beers. I really shouldn't, as I try not to like anything from Chicago.

Oh wait! I forgot. The Bears still suck. Woo hoo! (God is in his heaven and everything is right in the world).

So I guess it's ok if I like Goose Island beers. I didn't really like their kolsch, but the IPA and the Honkers Ale are both very good IMHO.

Heck yeah. Goose Island is one of the best beers for the money around here (northeast MO). The IPA is rarely on the shelves, but I always enjoy it when it comes--the hops are definitely agressive. Their wheat is OK, but it's the Honkers that really does it for me (perhaps I could make that claim in other areas of my life as well). Very crisp, clean-tasting, and highly drinkable. I always find myself guzzling them after work.

I've moved away from Chicago a few years ago but their brewery has some really good Oatmeal Stout on tap. Their Octoberfest is awesome as well.

PS.. Steelers fan, not a Bears fan. I'm just glad the AFC won. :mug:

I like their beers, all but the nut brown that is. The honker ale is one of my favs right now.

I really enjoyed the Christmas Ale. I like everything from Goose Island that I've tried. Never had their IPA, though- I've never seen it in the stores.

mmditter said:
...Oh wait! I forgot. The Bears still suck....
And the Packers were 8-8 this season and fired Mike Sherman while the Bears were, hmmm, where were they last Sunday?! ;) But, I digress.

Goose is good stuff. And, just so you know, I love several Milwaukee-area beers, too - Sprecher, M.A.H., Water Street.

The IPA is good, when you can find it fresh. The Christmas beer is always a little different from one year to the next, but never dissapoints. The Oktoberfest is one I look forward to seeing on the shelves, too. If you like Oatmeal Stouts, there's is very good, IMHO.

If you can find them, have some extra cash to spend and want to be daring, try their Imperial IPA, Matilda, Demolition Ale or Bourbon County Stout 4-packs!

Hmmm, I just saw a Goose Island IPA case on sale for $9.99. So you guys say it's worth it?

Doh, sorry it was Wild Goose, not Goose Island. Seems like all the breweries these days are Dogs, fish, Geese or some combination of both in the names lol.

Either way, I wish I had picked up another 2 cases of the stuff at $10 it is very drinkable (The Wild Goose IPA that is)

Ive had their IPA and i think its mediocre at best as far as IPA's go. however their 312 is really good. I drink that on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Back