Goose Island Black Friday: Indianapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have to reserve that color for Rare 2.0!
BW3gHK5CUAAC6HR.jpg

Google suggests a few synonyms for 'rare'. They include:
Few and Far Between
Thin On the Ground
Like Gold Dust
As Scarce As Hen's Teeth

Therefore, I recommend calling it Hen's Teeth.

Has GI specifically instructed stores to release BCBS and variants on Black Friday or is this at the stores discretion? I think I remember buying regular BCBS in early-mid October last year and variants closer to thanksgiving.

Has GI specifically instructed stores to release BCBS and variants on Black Friday or is this at the stores discretion? I think I remember buying regular BCBS in early-mid October last year and variants closer to thanksgiving.

Last year it came out earlier than ever before, which was awesome. This year it is slated for Indiana, central Indiana at least, the week before Thanksgiving.

UPDATE:

The event will begin at open at 9am and will go roughly until 11am.

Sara Cleary, Goose Island Vintage Market Development Manager, will be pouring samples of some of the limited offerings (I don't know exactly which beers yet).

We are going to do a "two allocation" per person limit. This does not include regular Bourbon County, Juliet, or Lolita. Those items will be fair game, first come first served and we should have plenty of those items.

An allocation equals:
1 bottle of Halia, Gillian, or Backyard Bourbon County
2 bottles of Bourbon County Coffee OR Bourbon County Barleywine
1 bottle each of Bourbon County Coffee and Bourbon County Barleywine

We feel that this is the most fair manner to make sure everyone leaves with roughly the same volume of the most limited options. To ensure that people have the best chance of trying multiple beers an individual will not be able to get a four pack of Barleywine or Coffee, or two Halia, two Gillian, etc.

Like with all limited releases, a few bottles of each limited release will be set aside solely for K-Klub members at our Beerocracy raffles. We will have a Beerocracy tasting and raffle in December at the downtown location. We will have more details shortly with the date and time. The theme of the tasting will be "High Octane", with each beer being 8.0% abv or higher.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

What time do you expect people to get there? I don't want to camp out all night but I am driving 2 hours so missing out entirely would be the suck.

So how early do I get to (oops, I mean have to) leave my in-laws to come to this thing?

As of now I'm bringing at least 2 CCB beers that have spent time in a bourbon barrel.

So how early do I get to (oops, I mean have to) leave my in-laws to come to this thing?

As of now I'm bringing at least 2 CCB beers that have spent time in a bourbon barrel.
I plan to arrive at about 8:30. If there are too many people in front of me I assume they will just let me up front when I pull out my piece.

There MAY be a scenario where I wake up on friday in chicago, and drive to indy that day for the weekend. IF IM LUCKY, I should have 3 or so Coconuts. One of them must be sent to Yamar. The other one, if I come, I would like to meet up with some of you and drink it, through straws.... out of solo cups.

If you go from Chicago to Indy you'll drive right past my parents house where I'll be for thanksgiving! And should you happen to get an itch for that coconut and can't handle the whole drive.... Well... Get at me.

I am indeed here. Like the fool I am. It was sleep and say screw it, or power through like a man.

Back