Good price on the Handi-Vac for Hops storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNye

Reaction score
I use one of these to store my hops in the freezer http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/debbi...ags_p-5994397_xp.aspx?web_id=5994397&ocm=sekw

I was out of bags so i stuck some Cascade in a regular freezr bag a couple months ago, well weighing some hops out tonite the Cascade seems stale and less vibrant, especially compared to the hops that I have stored in the handi-vac bags. I got online looking for more bags and found this deal which seems to be pretty good.

They leak. One out of 5 bags will retain it's 'vacuum seal' for more than a day. The others will not. Don't waste your money.

Of course the bags will leak they are cheapo. But combine this with a mason jar sealer attachment and you are golden.

yes they do leak, but like I said i have used these and opened the hops versus traditional freezer bags and the difference in the hop color and aroma was very noticeable. So, IMO, its a big improvement over freezer bags. I like those mason jar attachments too but a little pricey.

Back