Good online supply place?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patooyee

Reaction score
I've recently moved from what I consider the mecca of brewing (Athens, GA). In Athens I had my pick of 2 - 3 brew shops and any number of experts to rely on for advice, all of which were eager to help. Where I live now only has one shop and the owner treats me like a complete moron and never shuts up about how he won't drink anything that isn't barleywine anymore. Admittedly, I am a novice, only having brewed about 30 gallons of beer so far. But when I walk into an establishment I don't like being patronized and told that I should just stick with the pre-made kits. (Yes, he tells me this every time.)

So since I hate going to the local shop, is there hope for me? Is there anywhere online that can get fresh ingredients to me quickly?

J. J.

patooyee said:
I've recently moved from what I consider the mecca of brewing (Athens, GA). In Athens I had my pick of 2 - 3 brew shops and any number of experts to rely on for advice, all of which were eager to help. Where I live now only has one shop and the owner treats me like a complete moron and never shuts up about how he won't drink anything that isn't barleywine anymore. Admittedly, I am a novice, only having brewed about 30 gallons of beer so far. But when I walk into an establishment I don't like being patronized and told that I should just stick with the pre-made kits. (Yes, he tells me this every time.)

So since I hate going to the local shop, is there hope for me? Is there anywhere online that can get fresh ingredients to me quickly?

J. J.

I second that

I've searched and there are a few places, but I'm looking for a reputable one with good quality products and service that someone can recomend.

J. J.

My friends and I recently started home brewing, and we enjoy it very much. We bought most of our supplies through http://homebrewheaven.com/. They have equipment and recipe kits. They also sell ingredients like hops and yeast indiviually. One of the best parts was that they provided a telephone number to call if you had any problems. We didn't have any problems, but we called to check on our order as it took a bit longer to arrive than we expected. They were very friendly and helpful when we called.

I looked around at some of the other places online, and this place seemed to be the best that I could find. Best of luck.

Basement Brew

I just bought a batch from Homebrewheaven and was very pleased with their service, quality, and shipping. I'll try the other for my next batches. Thanks, ya'll.

J. J.

If you want to get the exact amount of ingredients you need to brew your recipe over the Internet, go to http://www.bradyshomebrew.com and click on Build Your Brew.

This feature will allow you to order the exact amount of each grain you need, just as if you were inside a homebrew store, plus malt extract, adjuncts, yeast and even 1/4 ounces of hops! Buy only what you need. No extra charge for milling. Orders ship the next business day, and liquid yeast is always packed with gel packs so it stays fresh. :)

I recently used a place called alternative beverage online. They had the best prices and had my equipment in 3 days.
Thats my 2 cents.
Thanks for the other references guys! Always helps to have options.
CMH

There's a number of reputable on line sites that are very good suppliers. A few have been mentioned, I would add, Williams Brewing, Homebrew Adventures, HopTech, and Northern Brewer. All have good stuff and are reasonably quick, with good to excellent customer service.

Kevin Dennis said:
Morebeer

I have used these guys a lot.

Great service and best of all free shipping if you spend $50

I've also used these guys and totally agree. You can call if you have a problem and the free shipping is great because a lot of this stuff is heavy.

I like midwestsupplies.com Excellent and friendly service , good prices and a good selection

i use orchardvalleysupplies.com, im not sure if they have beer supplies or not though, i only make wine right now. their prices are very reasonable and very fast shipping.

patooyee said:

J. J.

Northernbrewer.com I get it all from them. they pack there yeast in ice packs and I have never had a problem great price too/.

I use homebrewmart.com, morebeer. com, and recently found northerbrewers.com. I too have had the attitudes from my local brewer supply, and turned to online sources. However, I still will buy my yeast locally, as I've had a batch of oatmeal stout go bad with mail order yeast. Hope this helps.

dj

I have decded to use midwestsupplies.com as its only a few hundred miles away.. saves me shippng costs and shipping time, I have not ordered from them yet but have been conversing via email with some of there helpfull staff.

Jason

Add www.heartshomebrew.com to the list. They have 33 lb. containers of malt extract which are dirt cheap if you have a place to store them. I've used them a few times and have been completely satisfied.

I have also have to add NorthernBrewer.com, there service and prices are very good, also only a few hundread miles away to save on shipping costs if your in Minnesota or the surrounding states.

Waukesha... I'm orig from there.
With all the home brew stores around that neck of the woods... another reason to move back.
Really like it back home! Of course all the family is still in the area.

Add www.heartshomebrew.com to the list. They have 33 lb. containers of malt extract which are dirt cheap if you have a place to store them. I've used them a few times and have been completely satisfied.

I second, third, forth Hearts. Have always found them the best price and if u want, hops by the half ounce. For me, they are also local :)

You guys know you're posting in a thread that is over 10 years old? This is one of the best necros I've ever seen.

Back