Good online sources for honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

nOob for life
Reaction score
A search of the forum didn't yield what I was looking for, so...

Do y'all have any recommendations for online sources of various honeys? ...a honey clearing house, if you will? I have a few different farmer's markets that sell local, raw honeys but none seem to be able to specify exactly what blossoms were involved in their making. I can dig it: the farms in this neck of the woods are just so varied that it's probably impossible for them to even guess.

I'm (confession time) a pretty big Amazon fan, but for some reason I just have a bit of trouble trusting what I'm getting when it comes to honey from Amazon.

I've come across a couple sites like The Honey Jar and Browning's Honey, anyone have any experience with them?

SO, I'm looking for an online source for quality honey, preferably with different varieties available in one place. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

As always, thanks for reading!

I
k
e

Be wary if you find good on-line deals for honey...

1) good honey isn't cheap

2) shipping honey is expensive because of the weight...

I used to buy from Miller's in California, but it doesn't appear they do much honey anymore (or maybe just don't ship it).

That being said, Crockett Honey in Tempe has some good orange blossom and desert wildflower honey in various sizes available to be shipped. But depending on where you are, it's gonna cost you quite a bit in shipping.

I have ordered from bennethoney.com, had some awsome alfalfa honey from walkerhoney.com, macadamia nut honey from bigislandbees.com, and a honeydew honey from nelsonhoney.com in new Zealand.
My advice is find a honey that compliments you recipe and pay the cost for good product

I use dutch gold because they are 15 minutes from my house. I'm very satisfied with their product, and satisfied with the fact that I don't have to pay shipping. They don't have anything outside of the five or so major varieties, but I haven't had a need for those others, so all good here.

I am surprised no one mentioned http://www.honey.com/honey-locator/

Thanks everybody! Based on the upvotes for Dutch Gold, I ended up buying a pound of Dutch Gold Orange Blossom off of Amazon, since it's all I needed for a one gallon batch of cider I'm looking to backsweeten.

Thanks for the other resources, as well! I'll keep them in mind: I need to decide what to do with another five gallons that is finishing up as we speak...

ike

Back