Good online hop source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janx

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good online hop source. I love hoptech.com and use them a bunch for my whole hops, but I want to get some of the newer varieties that you can't get whole. Specifically, I want to find some Vanguard. Also Amarillo, etc.

Anyone got a good place?

Freshops.com is a stellar source, and the owner Dave Wills actually goes to the growers and picks the stock himself. Plus, the prices are great, the the goods are packaged well. They've also got a terrific selection.

what's yer average breakdown from the pellets to the whole hops. if i used an ounce of pellets, would i use an ounce of whole?

t1master said:
what's yer average breakdown from the pellets to the whole hops. if i used an ounce of pellets, would i use an ounce of whole?

That's the way I've always understood it. You get slightly different utilization of course, but you can compare the relative differences on this IBU calculator I make using Jackie Rager's formula.

Back