GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guild is good. Claire is funny and Bladezz is hilarious by the end. Right now I'm stuck on Idiot Abroad and the old X Files series.

Anybody know any good raunchy comedies? I'm through Archer, trailer park boys, and always sunny. I need something new SWMBO will hate.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The Guild is good. Claire is funny and Bladezz is hilarious by the end. Right now I'm stuck on Idiot Abroad and the old X Files series.

Anybody know any good raunchy comedies? I'm through Archer, trailer park boys, and always sunny. I need something new SWMBO will hate.

Zombie Ass. OMG.

OK!

You knew it was on netflix but NEEDED to own that one eh? ;)

Legitimate. I was looking for 2 good movies that are no longer streaming last night!!!

POOPERS!

Ended up watching Hunger Games....and then I watched the 2nd one *NOT on netflix or AP* (Girl on fire or whatever)

It was good, but they kept asking for a Pita. WTF?

I got some pitas to see what the deal was. They are ok. Some sort of hollow round bread. I like the pita chips better. I guess if you were in a combat/beach/forest/thingy, a pita might taste pretty good.

;)

That's what they meant? See, I went out and joined PETA. Kinda felt the same way about it though.

That's what they meant? See, I went out and joined PETA. Kinda felt the same way about it though.

I thought that too, especially after they killed all of those poor apes! But they seemed hungry, and I have it on good authority that after a hard day killing apes a PITA soaked in TREE WATER hits the spot!

Rescue Me is pretty funny.

mmm.... monkey pitas...

I am guessing the monkeys were....well....synthetic..........like the man-dogs from the first.

I still don't quite get how the rich poopy pants could make 100 man-like dogs leap out of dust in an instant, but their silly all in white soldiers couldn't quell an unarmed uprising, without getting dirty and looking silly.

I am guessing the monkeys were....well....synthetic..........like the man-dogs from the first.

I still don't quite get how the rich poopy pants could make 100 man-like dogs leap out of dust in an instant, but their silly all in white soldiers couldn't quell an unarmed uprising, without getting dirty and looking silly.

It has something to do with jigawatts

Solomon Kane.

Just watched it tonight. Epic movie. Watch it if you liked Van Helsing or Season of the Witch.

Solomon Kane.

Just watched it tonight. Epic movie. Watch it if you liked Van Helsing or Season of the Witch.

Van Helsing was unwatchable.

From the fully automatic crossbow (yes I know other crapfests have used this too) to the ridiculous plot and humor, this movie SUCKED.

That said, different strokes etc.

Is Solomon Kane a tongue in cheek action fest like Van Helsing or Hansel and Gretel witch hunters?

LOVED Van Helsing! Watched it int he theater with my older daughter. We went in knowing it was going to be over-the-top action with a hint of Steampunk thrown in for good measure.

Oops, I just looked the movie up. We actually watched Hansel and Gretel. Oh well, I'm sure they are pretty much the same movie...

LOVED Van Helsing! Watched it int he theater with my older daughter. We went in knowing it was going to be over-the-top action with a hint of Steampunk thrown in for good measure.

Oops, I just looked the movie up. We actually watched Hansel and Gretel. Oh well, I'm sure they are pretty much the same movie...

.........This was like the most hilarious dig, but I get the feeling you are NOT joking.....

Van Helsing was unwatchable.

From the fully automatic crossbow (yes I know other crapfests have used this too) to the ridiculous plot and humor, this movie SUCKED.

That said, different strokes etc.

Is Solomon Kane a tongue in cheek action fest like Van Helsing or Hansel and Gretel witch hunters?

Actually I loved Van Helsing. And Hansel and Gretel. Solomon Kane is a fantasy epic...it is really not tongue in cheek. It is a more serious movie. The weapons in it are believable.

.........This was like the most hilarious dig, but I get the feeling you are NOT joking.....

I love over the top, tongue in cheek, steampunk, fantasy action.

On that note, I also have to recommend the League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

In fact, I am still waiting for someone to make the "spaceballs" of D&D...

I love over the top, tongue in cheek, steampunk, fantasy action.

On that note, I also have to recommend the League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

In fact, I am still waiting for someone to make the "spaceballs" of D&D...

If you haven't seen it, you might want to check out, Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

It's not EXACTLY like Spaceballs: The D&D Parody, but it's pretty good, if a bit low budget (Ok, maybe a bit is an understatement...)

It's worth watching if you aren't too picky.

I have been watching Arrow. I basically picked it at random from the "what's popular" list on the Roku, because lately I have just been rewatching Breaking Bad or the occasional Rockford Files episodes (when I wasn't watching a movie), and I really wanted to try something different.

I watched the first episode and kept shaking my head at the complete absurdity of the plot and the horrible character development. But I have somehow kept watching it anyway, and now I'm something like halfway through the first season and feel like I'm committed to it.

Love/Hate is really good Irish crime drama. Netflix has 3 seasons up.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Borgias (Showtime original series)

Following the Borgia family as they rise to power in the Roman Catholic church. Rodrigo Borgia uses bribery, with the help of his son, to secure his position as Pope Alexander VI. But he has gained enemies in the College of Cardinals, who begin to plot against him. He must find alliances

Two great music docs: "Twenty Feet from Stardom" and "Ain't In It For My Health".

Some stuff I caught recently

First finished all 6 seasons of Clone Wars, solid series. I will post my opinion in a spoiler section below. Also just watched Bronies yesterday while staying up for the Blood Moon, was very disappointed in it. I was hoping for a more open documentary, not something that was clearly directed by a Brony as an attempt to show how awesome the Brony culture is. I think many other documentaries that look at subcultures like that do an infinitely better job. My favorite part of the whole thing was this animation saying that Bronies were made up of like Hipsters, Artists, and Moderates. Ignoring I dunno all of the base that is nerds. The whole documentary I spotted maybe 3 hipsters. Moderates I'd consider to be average joe folks which there were probably a good amount. Artists are the types they consider who make fan art, and fan music, and so forth so I'm assuming that's a decent subsect. But none of the subjects aside from one dude who made music fell into it. People can do whatever the hell they want and like what they want. But what I got out of the documentary is most people who obsess over My Little Pony have severe social developmental issues.

-Clone Wars Spoilers below ----------------------------------

I don't like that they didn't have Asoaka in the 6th season. The crux of the show was on Asoaka and Anakin's relationship. Instead they focused the last season seemingly largely tying into the 3rd movie. The one thing I don't get about the prequels is why demystify the lightsaber? It went from an awesome jedi weapon that basically was the centering of your force in weapon form. To something that anyone can use whether they can control the force or not.

---end spoilers---------

A friend mentioned to me on Saturday that Clone Wars is all out of order and there is a list which tells you what order you should watch it in. As I am only 5 episodes in, I might give it a shot.

A friend mentioned to me on Saturday that Clone Wars is all out of order and there is a list which tells you what order you should watch it in. As I am only 5 episodes in, I might give it a shot.

It is out of order.

But only for the first 3 seasons. Mostly what seems to have happened is they decided to expand on certain things. I don't think watching it out of order threw me off too much once I figured it out. The last 3 seasons are in perfect order though. With the exception of the first episode. The show is good at sticking to plot trees so it doesn't just randomly jump around.

Iron Sky - HILARIOUS, unique, ingenious, sexy, what more could you want from a comedy?

Blood Creek - Surprising originality, uniquely horrifying villain, well done acting, what more could you want from a HORROR movie?

I don't know if these have been mentioned, but...

House, MD (looks like the entire series.. I'm halfway through it again already...)
Life - Kind of a fun, campy police drama.
The Glades - Same thing.
The Finder - This was a good show, but got cancelled when Michael Clarke Duncan died.
Chuck - A pretty far-fetched but fun "undercover CIA" spy show. But it's got Adam Baldwin, so it's cool.
MI-5 - Killer drama about the British Secret Service.
Lie to Me - Tim Roth is one of the coolest mofos on the planet. Crime drama based on the science of "microexpressions".
Mythbusters
Destination Truth
Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
North Woods Law - Reality series about the Maine Warden Service. Cool show.
Firefly AND Serenity - Nerdgasm. Browncoats unite!

There are so many cool documentaries. I find myself watching mostly science-y ones.. animals, rain forests, Earth stuff, universe stuff, ancient Egypt.. blah blah blah.

Back