Good morning fellow all grainers....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawgDaddy

Reaction score
Good morning fellow all grainers....quick question that'll take a few to explain....I have about a 4 week old porter that I was trying to "pumpkin spice" up....with no fresh pumpkin at all....just spices.

After about 4 wks of fermenting/conditioning....it's sort of bland....or plain porter'ish....I knowingly undershot my spices so as not to overdo it....and I succeeded too well.

Now to the question....It's carb'ed just right....however, I want to de-pressurize the keg....add some cold vodka steeped coffee grounds (the liquid only) into the keg....changing it to a "coffee/porter". The pumpkin spices are all but non-existent....I'm just wanting to salvage the porter from just a "plain" porter.

Anyone done this? Is this a NO-NO due to the introduction of O2....I can recharge and purge any ambient air ASAP if that's not a death sentence....Everything is/will be sanitized....

Thanks in advance and for your time....

If you keg, it's no problem at all. Just de-pressurize, add the tea, and purge the headspace before allow the keg to seal. The amount of air that contacts the beer will be minimal.

Back