Good day to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawkbrew

Reaction score
The winds are howling 20 to 30 miles an hour and the snow is drifting - what a better way to spend the day than to brew! Doing a weizenbock. Mashing indoors and boiling in the garage. Should be fun. Anyone else brewing in bad weather today?

I had every intention of brewing my first ag today. But I wouldn't be able to use the hose to cool the wort with my chiller. But have fun.

Down in Charlotte we have some pretty decent wind speeds but fortunately no snow. I'm brewing passedpawn's cherry & beech wood smokebeer recipe this afternoon.

All Grain Arrogant Bastard Clone - all outside. It's around 42 degrees outside with some strong wind.

Yes, this thread was just what I needed! It's 46 here, which isn't anything to me really, but windy as hell. I think I'm gonna brew anyway... double batch, after 10 hrs of work. Probably an awful idea but the pipeline is dry.

No brewing for me today! We have super high wind gusts up to 40- 45mph today, so my turkey burner won't work right.. But when it's snowing, raining or super cold I love to brew!

I have SOOOOO much work to do to finish my e-kettle setup but Lord willing, if I get it knocked out tonight, there WILL be brewing tomorrow. Steam vent be damned! I hated brewing outside and making trips in every so often to get something else I needed or couldn't carry. My garage is detached, like 20 yards away, so it wasn't fun. Basement brewing is where I want to be. Besides, the beer fridge is there and it's free from wife/kids for a little while (though I love them dearly).

Brew on, Gents! :mug:

Back