Good beer stores on/near SF Peninsula

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantodd

Reaction score
Anyone know a good liquor store that specializes in Beer on the San Francisco Peninsula? (preferably NOT in The City)

I go to K&L a LOT for wines but I need a store that carries a good selection of local micros. Bear Republic, Marin Brewing and Russian River if at all possible. Mendocino and Anderson Valley seem easier to find but you get teh point? Where do I get my fix within 20 minutes of my house? (This also leaves open Hayward as I live near the San Mateo Bridge.)

Thanks.
Dan

david_42 said:
When I lived in Sunnyvale, Trader Joe's was a good place. Bevmo is another alternative. http://www.bevmo.com

Yeah, I used to live in Pleasanton, and Trader Joes had about the best selection in the area. That was, however, 5 years ago. Since Hayward is an option, if you just want a really good microbrewery with a decent restaurant, go to Buffalo Bills. http://www.buffalobillsbrewery.com/ Try the Tasmanian Devil. I love that place, and it's one of the oldest brew pubs in the U.S.

hmmm... that's what I was afraid of. Anyone been to the B street Bistro? They're listed on the RRBC page as an outlet but I'm pretty sure it's on site only.

The Bistro has some great festivals, Double IPA, Cask ales, etc, but as far as I could tell, they're a bar not a retailer. Of course, I generally went there for the fests & may have some short-term memory losses.

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. I go to the local Fish store (LFS) over there pretty regularly so one time I'll have to stop in for a pint.

I stopped at the new Whole Foods store on Hillsdale in San Mateo/Belmont and picked up some good beer this morning.

6 pack of SN Celebration Ale
4 pack of Rasputin
bomber of racer 5
bomber of ruination

looks like I'm good for the week!

Back